Current:Home > MarketsBuckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -TradeWisdom
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
TrendPulse View
Date:2025-04-07 07:24:04
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party, which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (31)
Related
- Krispy Kreme offers a free dozen Grinch green doughnuts: When to get the deal
- Rams hilariously adopt Kobie Turner's 'old man' posture on bench. Is it comfortable?
- Make Your NFL Outfit Stadium Suite-Worthy: Bags
- Colorado mayor, police respond to Trump's claims that Venezuelan gang is 'taking over'
- Warm inflation data keep S&P 500, Dow, Nasdaq under wraps before Fed meeting next week
- Why Ali Krieger Isn't Revealing Identity of Her New Girlfriend After Ashlyn Harris Split
- Gulf Coast residents still reeling from Hurricane Ida clean up mess left by Francine
- Video shows dog leap out of car window to chase deer eating grass in New York: Watch
- All That You Wanted to Know About She’s All That
- Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars Items That Will Sell Out Soon: A Collector's Guide
Ranking
- SFO's new sensory room helps neurodivergent travelers fight flying jitters
- Remains found in Phoenix are identified as an autistic teen missing for 5 months
- Britney Spears praises Sabrina Carpenter after VMAs homage: 'She made me cool'
- Schools reopen with bolstered security in Kentucky county near the site of weekend I-75 shooting
- 2 killed, 3 injured in shooting at makeshift club in Houston
- Police recover '3D-printed gun parts,' ammo from Detroit home; 14-year-old arrested
- A teen accused of killing his mom in Florida was once charged in Oklahoma in his dad’s death
- Nebraska ballot will include competing measures to expand or limit abortion rights, top court rules
Recommendation
Travis Hunter, the 2
Ex-Massachusetts lawmaker convicted of scamming pandemic unemployment funds
Police killing of an unarmed Nebraska man prompts officers to reconsider no-knock warrants
Video shows dog leap out of car window to chase deer eating grass in New York: Watch
Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
Ex-Massachusetts lawmaker convicted of scamming pandemic unemployment funds
Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars Items That Will Sell Out Soon: A Collector's Guide
High-tech search for 1968 plane wreck in Michigan’s Lake Superior shows nothing so far